Saturday, October 13, 2012

DIY scarf organizer.

It has turned into DIY week!

Many of my friends and family members know that I love wearing scarves, especially this time of the year.  When my neck is warm, my whole body temperature seems to increase...Has anyone else noticed this?!  Along with warmth, scarves add much needed style to my wardrobe!
Because of my love for scarves, I have accumulated many scarves over the years from family and friends who give me wonderful souvenirs from different places.

A lady can NEVER have too many scarves!

My husband, however, would disagree from an organizational stand point.  I used to have all my scarves folded up in a bag on our closet floor.  Not the most convenient and tidy storage idea.  I know some of my friends store their scarves crumpled in a bedroom dresser, which takes up a lot of space.





So, I found this idea on Pinterest and thought I would share it on our blog.  Josh and I agree that this means of storage has been MUCH better!  I apologize ahead of time for the poor photo quality.  I didn't have the greatest lighting, but these will do.

First, you will need an extra hanger from your closet and some shower curtain rings.  I bought these from Target for about $1.00.  It is important to get circular rings that clasp together like the ones below.


Next, fasten the rings around the hanger.




Then, you can hang your scarf collection from the rings so they are easy to see and find!
I ended up using two hangers in order to organize all my scarves.  If you have a sturdier (not plastic) hanger, then you may be able to get away with only using one hanger.  Make sure to use plenty of scarves to cover the entire hanger in order to prevent the scarves from sliding to one side.





Hope this is helpful!  I loved this organization tip and I spent about $1!

Here are some other ideas that I found for those who are willing to spend more money to get their scarves organized.

Scarf Hanger from IKEA...Brilliant!  $7.99
Tie & Belt Hanger from Target $12.59

No comments:

Post a Comment